Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Baked Oatmeal To-Go....Thank You Pinterest!

I AM ADDICTED. I have no shame in saying so either. Hi, my name is Rebekah and I am addicted to pinterest. A dear friend of mine introduced me to it and away I went; diving head first into pinterest. I find funny quips, ideas for work, gardening tips and of course my favorite thing, new recipes.
This one caught my eye right away and I thought it would be perfect to post here. Who doesn't want more quick, easy and healthy recipe ideas for busy mornings? I cannot think of one person who would fall into that catergory, I know I certainly don't.

This recipe is originally from www.fauxmartha.com and it is her version I am posting here. I cannot wait to try these!

Baked Oatmeal To-Go
adapted from Cooking Light; yields 12 “muffins”;
2 c. uncooked oats (quick-cooking or old fashioned work)
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. craisins or other dried fruit
1 tbsp. walnuts, chopped
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. skim milk (sometimes I use 2%)
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce (jarred or homemade works)
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten

1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray muffin tin or line with paper liners and set aside.
2. Combine oats, brown sugar, dried fruit, walnuts, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Stir.
3. Combine milk, applesauce, butter, and egg in a separate bowl and stir.
4. Add milk mixture to oat mixture. Stir until combined.
5. Using a 2-ounce trigger release ice-cream scoop, add oatmeal to the muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing, using an offset spatula to loosen. Serve or store covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. Heat for 1-2 minutes in the microwave.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment